Saturday, July 27, 2013

Online dating - Just once

New blog. Singles issues; dating, cooking, living, jobs, when to move for someone, how to deal with her having kids, what is too much of an age difference, recovering economically from divorce, romantic thoughts, pretty much a potpourri of topics.

Short and to the point today .....

Online singles sites have become the prime mode of contact for many singles around the country and the world. Participants view any of a number of photographs, peruse a profile written hopefully convince a reader to initiate contact and well, that is pretty much the process.

I just wondered, if for one day, everyone agreed to look at the photos and profiles and think "What can I do to make this person's life better or happier?" instead of "Would this person make me happy?", would we improve our chances of actually meeting someone where we would have a chance of long lasting happiness?

5 comments:

  1. AMEN, no one can "make you happy"...it is by our own actions that happiness finds its way to us. What a great thought..."What can I do to make this person's life better or happier?" Whether that is a simple smile, compliment or developing friendship, what's the harm? I say, go for it. And please keep us posted! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it is worth, I have abandoned the online dating scene for a lot of reasons that will likely be addressed in another blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And BTW, Gabby, I agree that no one can make you happy. Interestingly, this is a topic of a prior blog post on my other blog that I will be importing. As with most "topics of interest", it can be overplayed. I believe that this is true with the concept of being responsible for our own happiness. This concept has, I believe, been almost perverted, when it is interpreted to mean that we do not need others in our lives. I will repost that one here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree! I've just begun the dating scene and your last paragraph articulates my thoughts perfectly! Thank you for understanding. It's disheartening to realize some guys are only interested in how I can contribute to their lives. There is so much more to me than how I look!
    Looking forward to more topics like this, thanks again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't by any stretch of the imagination claim to do this well. I can be as inward looking as the next person. Yes, I have neglected this blog. Need to get up some topics of interest. I have a couple of thoughts, how facebook is hurting relationships, how many of us are addicted to the process of dating, (or too lazy to do anything else) (?), or something else?

    ReplyDelete